Sunday, August 8, 2010

Congratulations to Katherine!

Shortly after we arrived at church today, I got an email with "Congratulations to Katherine" in the subject line. It was in all bold and from from Chows. Li (Chow's wife) was writing to officially extend an offer to Katherine to join pre-team. I didn't say anything, just handed my blackberry to Katherine and let her read it. Her eyes got as huge as saucers and she started jumping up and down. She has worked so hard for this, and I could not be more proud of her.

It's a well known fact that any of the girls in her current class could go to any other gym in town and make team. She could compete this year. In fact, every girl that got "cut" from her class is going to be competing this fall for other local gyms. However, Chow doesn't believe in level 4 gymnasts competing. It's not worth the time or effort on his part and he doesn't want to burn the girls out early. He takes them along VERY slowly, and drills form into them. As a result, Katherine is very strong for her age and size, and what she does, she does it well. On pre-team she'll be perfecting her level 5 skills and then competing either next fall or the following year. It just depends on how quickly she perfects her skills.

She has worked so hard for this. It's something she's done all on her own, and I am so proud of her dedication and persistence. There's been so many days when most kids would have quit, but not Katherine. She truly loves gymnastics and is willing to do what it takes to make her dream come true. I love that about her. I really do.

Oh, and in other news..... Friday night I got a call. An older girl on team had a bar (the gymnastics variety -- sorry Danyel!) and was looking to sell it. She called to see if I was interested.... One thing led to another and we currently have a gymnastics bar in the basement. Oh man ... she LOVES it. Most girls her age dream of dolls. Katherine dreams of gymnastics equipment. LOL!!

4 comments:

Danyel and Ryan said...

so, so, so, so excited for her! that is incredible news. tell her great job from us.

Aid credit said...

This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

calzado de temporada said...

This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

ayuda para dejar de fumar said...

This blog is terrific. There is often all the ideal data at the suggestions of my fingers. Thanks and maintain up the beneficial work!