Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's almost here!

My little Caleb will turn 5 on September 14, and he's been counting down the days since Christmas. Oh, how I wish I was kidding! LOL!! Seriously, the countdown has been on for months and he is so excited that he can hardly stand it! Thankfully, we are finally down to counting the hours rather the weeks and days.

Friday night we are having a bash for him. He has chosen a soccer theme, since that's his new favorite sport, and we found the most adorable cake for him. He's super excited about it! He also wanted a pinata, but not a soccer ball one..... he wanted either Batman or Superman. He told me to pick out what I liked the best -- after all, if I liked it, he would love it! I ended up finding a huge Batman pinata, and he and I spent the afternoon filling it with all sorts of goodies -- candy, gum, play-doh and random prizes. He originally thought it would be a good idea to put money in as well, but thankfully I was able to talk him out of that!

Tomorrow after he's done with school, we are going to assemble the treat bags, and get ready to party! I'm so excited for him! He's been waiting for this weekend for months and I'm finally glad it's here!

Oh, and I had to share this.... I ended up buying him a plasma car. I hope he loves it! It's one of those things that no one else in the neighborhood has, so I hope it'll be something new and exciting for the kids to play with! Can't wait to see him give it a try!!

Oh and one little funny that is soooo Caleb.....

He loves fruit. Absolutely LOVES it! If he could eat nothing else, he'd be one happy camper. One of his favorite outings is a trip to Costco to pick out a cart full of juicy treats. (Yea, he's a quirky one!!) So, last time we were there, he chose, among lots of other things, a huge crate of plums.

As soon as we got home, he asked to have one ... or two ... or three.... I finally had to tell him that he had to stop or he'd be sick. He looks at me, gives me a non-convincing look and says, "AAAWWWW, come on Mom. It's like your grounding me from plums!"

1 comment:

Danyel said...

he obviously spent too much time with walker....that is such a walker comment! LOL